Mindshare retains global Lufthansa media business
Mindshare has retained its long-standing international client Lufthansa after a global review believed to have involved Aegis Media's Carat and IPG's Mediabrands.
Lufthansa: keeps its media account with Mindshare
Mindshare has handled the media planning and buying business for the German airline for the past 13 years, and successfully retained the business in periodic reviews.
The WPP network last defended the media account, which covers 40 markets, in 2010.
Mindshare runs the account from its Frankfurt office. The agency’s managing director, Andreas Schmitt, leads the Lufthansa account team.
The business has billings of around £2.2 million in the UK, according to Nielsen, but the majority of spend is focused on other European markets, as well as the US and Asia-Pacific.
The Lufthansa Group increased its revenue by 4.9 per cent to €30.1bn (£25.2bn) in 2012, but operating profit fell by 36 per cent, blamed on hikes in fuel prices.
Under the leadership of Dr Christoph Franz, chairman and chief executive, the group now operates to four key strategic goals: to increase company value; to expand the leading market position of its airlines and service companies by actively shaping the aviation industry; to continually improve customer satisfaction with product and service quality, technology and safety, and to run an economically and ecologically sustainable business.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London