Mindshare retains global Lufthansa media business
Mindshare has retained its long-standing international client Lufthansa after a global review believed to have involved Aegis Media's Carat and IPG's Mediabrands.
Lufthansa: keeps its media account with Mindshare
Mindshare has handled the media planning and buying business for the German airline for the past 13 years, and successfully retained the business in periodic reviews.
The WPP network last defended the media account, which covers 40 markets, in 2010.
Mindshare runs the account from its Frankfurt office. The agency’s managing director, Andreas Schmitt, leads the Lufthansa account team.
The business has billings of around £2.2 million in the UK, according to Nielsen, but the majority of spend is focused on other European markets, as well as the US and Asia-Pacific.
The Lufthansa Group increased its revenue by 4.9 per cent to €30.1bn (£25.2bn) in 2012, but operating profit fell by 36 per cent, blamed on hikes in fuel prices.
Under the leadership of Dr Christoph Franz, chairman and chief executive, the group now operates to four key strategic goals: to increase company value; to expand the leading market position of its airlines and service companies by actively shaping the aviation industry; to continually improve customer satisfaction with product and service quality, technology and safety, and to run an economically and ecologically sustainable business.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)