Beleaguered Hibu calls CRM review
Hibu, the publisher of the Yellow Pages, is looking for an agency to handle its global direct response advertising.
Hibu: Engine landed the global advertising account in 2012
The company, which is handling the pitch itself, has approached agencies with a brief to drive sales calls in the US and the UK.
In 2012, Hibu (then known as Yell) appointed Engine – led by Partners Andrews Aldridge – to its estimated £60 million global ad account after a pitch, beating competition from Ogilvy & Mather and McCann Erickson.
Yell rebranded as Hibu in May of that year but kept the Yellow Pages brand for its print product. In July, lenders took control of Hibu in a restructuring deal that shaved £800 million from its £2.3 billion debt but left nothing for shareholders, who have scheduled an emergency general meeting for 4 December.
In October, Hibu launched its first campaign since the rebrand. The activity, called "Hibu. Made for business", was by Engine and comprised outdoor, digital, social, press and radio executions.
Hibu declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London