Beleaguered Hibu calls CRM review
Hibu, the publisher of the Yellow Pages, is looking for an agency to handle its global direct response advertising.
Hibu: Engine landed the global advertising account in 2012
The company, which is handling the pitch itself, has approached agencies with a brief to drive sales calls in the US and the UK.
In 2012, Hibu (then known as Yell) appointed Engine – led by Partners Andrews Aldridge – to its estimated £60 million global ad account after a pitch, beating competition from Ogilvy & Mather and McCann Erickson.
Yell rebranded as Hibu in May of that year but kept the Yellow Pages brand for its print product. In July, lenders took control of Hibu in a restructuring deal that shaved £800 million from its £2.3 billion debt but left nothing for shareholders, who have scheduled an emergency general meeting for 4 December.
In October, Hibu launched its first campaign since the rebrand. The activity, called "Hibu. Made for business", was by Engine and comprised outdoor, digital, social, press and radio executions.
Hibu declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, Central London