Former British Gas marketer Chris Jansen set for AA top job
Chris Jansen, the ex-managing director of British Gas Services and former British Airways marketer, is reportedly set to take the top position at the Automobile Association (AA).
Jansen stepped down from his position British Gas in July this year after a total of six years at the energy company, though the brand stated at the time Jansen would continue to lead a number of campaigns for a short period.
According to Sky News, Jansen is set to become the AA’s next chief executive, which is expected to be announced in the next few weeks. He would replace current chief executive Andrew Strong.
A spokesperson for the AA declined to comment on Jansen’s appointment, stating that the AA "is seeking to recruit a new chief executive and will make the announcement once they have been approved by regulators".
The spokesperson declined to comment on a timescale for when the announcement will be made.
Jansen announced his exit from British Gas during a period of change at the energy giant, as the Centrica-owned business received a new chief executive from the US side of the company, Chris Weston, to replace Phil Bentley who departed the company after six years at the helm.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London