Branston Pickle launches first TV ad in five years following sale to Mizkan
Branston Pickle is launching its first TV ad campaign in five years as new owner Mizkan seeks to build its British brands, including Sarson's and Haywards, through "significant investment".
Branston Pickle: launches first TV ad in five years
Activity is based around a "make it special" idea as Mizkan seeks to increase the frequency people use Branston Pickle by encouraging consumers to add the ingredient to "any sandwich".
Creative by McGarryBowen plays on the relationship between a young boy and his hapless dad who is terrible at making things, but redeems himself by bringing out the Branston when making a sandwich.
Paul Shanahan, managing director of Mizkan Europe, said: "This is our first foray into TV advertising as Mizkan Europe, and the initial part of our plan to grow the Branston brand.
"Through significant investment over the next few years we intend to build and nurture all our iconic British brands, inspiring and educating our customers along the way."
Media spend planned and bought by UM is expected to total £5.9m over the next 18 months.
The 90-year-old Branston Pickle brand was sold by Premier Foods to Japanese vinegar maker Mizkan for £92.5m in February.
Branston’s sale came after Premier Foods sold its Sarson’s, Haywards pickled onion and Dufrais vingegar brands to Mizkan in June 2012 as part of its strategy of focusing on eight "power brands".
The Branston Pickle campaign aims to target busy parents, especially housewives aged 45 and above, and will debut on Thursday (5 December).
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Digital Account Manager The Little Black Book Agency £23000 - £26000 per annum, Manchester
- Head of Brand Strategy for Global Brand Consultancy Elizabeth Norman International £90000 - £120000 per annum + Bonus, City of London