Chelsea FC kicks off player guessing game
Chelsea Football Club has issued a challenge to supporters by unveiling an online game aimed at testing their knowledge of the club's players, past and present.
Chelsea Challenge: online game offers cryptic clues to players' identities
The image-based Chelsea Challenge invites fans to identify a total of 60 players from the past century, all of whom are cryptically represented in a scene depicting the club's home ground at Stamford Bridge.
Many of the players from the current squad are among those dispersed in the scene.
Competitors can submit their guesses online at the chelseachallenge.chelseafc.com microsite, where they are able to enter a series of three prize draws, each with a different respective prize.
After submitting their guess, online players can see if they’re "well wide", have "hit the bar" or scored a "goal".
The three prizes on offer are a £50 online Chelsea Megastore voucher, a Chelsea home shirt signed by the first-team squad, and the top prize of a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1.
Players can also login to Facebook and Twitter to save their progress or reach out to friends and followers for help using #ChelseaChallenge.
The game and microsite was developed with digital agency MCM Net as part of a wider fan engagement strategy.
The competition is open for entries until Tuesday 24 December and the winners will be drawn on Friday 27 December.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Comms Account Manager: £35k Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Client Service Manager - Media Planning and Sponsorship PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Search Account Manager - The Leading Media Agency - PPC Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Head of Digital Marketing Salt £60000 - £86000 per annum + £5K C/A, Manchester
- Display Account Manager - Media Agency - London Norton Leigh up to 28k plus excellent benefits, Central London