Microsoft to promote Simon Davies to US general manager role
Microsoft's UK sales director Simon Davies is to be promoted to the US-based role of general manager, west coast, Microsoft advertising and online.
Simon Davies: promoted to US general manager role
Davies, who has been with Microsoft for two years, is relocating to Santa Monica in the US and will begin his new role in January 2014.
It is not known who will replace him in the UK.
Davis is set to report to Keith Lorizio, the vice-president of sales and marketing at Microsoft. He replaces Vince Messina, who is understood to be moving to another role internally.
He will have responsibility for generating revenues across Microsoft, including its Windows, XBOX and MSN businesses in the west of the US and is expected to lead a team of 40.
Davies joined Microsoft in 2011, prior to which he held senior commercial roles at two national newspapers. He was commercial director at The Independent and sales director on The Mail on Sunday. He has also worked as advertising director at the London Evening Standard.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER- Fashion retailer Success Digital £65000 per annum, London
- Client Director - Digital Agency - London £50-65k Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- Neolane Campaign Manager PFJ £300 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Marketing Operations Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager - consumer products ADLIB £38000 - £43000 per annum, Cornwall