RBS to compensate customers after Cyber Monday IT fail
Royal Bank of Scotland has apologised after its customers' bank cards stopped working yesterday evening during 'Cyber Monday', one of the UK's busiest Christmas shopping days.
RBS: apologises after customers' transactions were halted by a systems failure
Customers at RBS and NatWest began complaining at around 6:30pm yesterday that they had been unable to complete transactions, both online and in-store. The bank’s website and smartphone app had also experienced difficulties.
RBS, which denies the IT problems arose due to a rush of ‘Cyber Monday’ purchases, this morning apologised for the fault, and promised to compensate any customers left "out of pocket".
On its @NatWest_help Twitter page, it said: "The systems issues that affected our customers last night have now been resolved and all of our services are now back working normally.
"We would like to apologise to our customers. If anyone has been left out of pocket as a result of these problems, we will put this right.
"Any customer experiencing issues this morning should get in touch with our call centres or branches where our staff will be ready to help."
NatWest has been part of the RBS Group since 2000.
We would like to apologise to our customers. If anyone has been left out of pocket as a result of these problems, we will put this right.— NatWest Help (@NatWest_Help) December 3, 2013
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London