Top ten ads of the week: John Lewis thwarted by Ant and Dec's Morrisons Christmas feast
Counting down the ten most recalled ads, in association with TNS and Ebiquity.
Morrisons: joint first place with John Lewis
John Lewis' acclaimed Christmas TV ad about the friendship between a bear and a hare has been forced to share top spot in this week's top 10, with Morrisons' all-singing and dancing creative featuring Ant and Dec joining it in equal first place.
The chart is awash with Christmas ads, with Marks & Spencer's fairytale-inspired campaign in fourth place and Tesco's ad charting a family history in sixth spot.
Brand: John Lewis
Agency/TV Buyer: adam&eve/DDB/Manning Gottlieb OMD
Agency/TV Buyer: DLKW Lowe/MEC
Agency/TV Buyer: CHI & Partners/Mindshare
Brand: Marks & Spencer
Agency/TV Buyer: RKCR/Y&R/Walker Media
Brand: Amazon, Kindle Fire
Agency/TV Buyer: in-house/Initiative
Agency/TV Buyer: Wieden + Kennedy/Initiative UK
Agency/TV Buyer: JWT/MEC
Agency/TV Buyer: St Luke's/OMD
Agency/TV Buyer: TBWA\London/M2M
Agency/TV Buyer: Grey London/OMD
Adwatch research was conducted from 28 November - 2 December 2013 by TNS as part of its twice-weekly OnLineBus omnibus among 1000 adults aged 16-64. For details of the survey, contact Anita.Emery@tnsglobal.com (020 7656 5900). Ads were compiled by Ebiquity (020 7650 9700) and Mediaedge:cia UK (020 7803 2000).
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Consultant - Marketing Strategy Trace c. £60k, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (West), London (Greater) / Twickenham, Lo...
- Associate Director - Marketing Strategy Trace c. £85k, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Quantitative Research Manager Trace £32k to £40k, South East England / Berkshire / Maidenhead, Berkshire / Windsor, Berkshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Propel £30000 - £40000 per annum + Excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)