Biggr Picture competition winners announced
After scouring adland for its hidden talents, Campaign can finally reveal the winners of the Biggr Picture competition, in association with Flickr.
Huge congratulations to Jonathan Dale, whose culinary skill and vision for a foodie future convinced the judges to crown him the winner of the Biggr Picture competition, Campaign and Flickr's search for adlanders hidden talents, and award him a cooking masterclass worth £5,000.
Jonathan said, ‘I was surprised to hear that I'd won, but absolutely delighted. I'm very excited to see how the master class can take my cooking to the next level and can't wait to get cracking!’
The judges, Vicki Maguire, deputy ECD at Grey, Caroline Troman, head of performance and programmatic sales at Yahoo and Krishan Patel, director of digital media interaction at Group M, were all impressed not only by Jonathan’s obvious skill, but his passion for cooking, creating and sharing beautiful dishes.
"It would be great to follow Jonathan from the stage he is at now to having a pop-up or catering a fine dinner party somewhere," commented Krishan.
The judges also rewarded the passions of ten runners up, with hobbies as diverse as roller-derby and jewellery making to marathon running and graffiti blogging:
Amy Dabbs, DJing and music production
Carl Davis, graphic and text design
Monica Majumdar, Indian and classical dance
Emma Lyskava, roller derby
Stefanie Forbes, photoblogging
Vivian Choi, jewellery making
Kim Jordan, woodworking
Helen Watkins, running
Linda Weitgasser, album cover cushion covers
Mike Longhurst, photography
All of the finalists, including Jonathan, won a brand new iPad mini and a professional photoshoot of themselves portraying their passion (see the gallery above).
"We always knew that the UK’s media industry has exceptional talent but it's great to see how much effort and imagination people put into pursuing their passions outside of the office. From a furniture designer to a roller derby enthusiast, our Flickr Biggr Picture competition revealed a range of interests, beautifully showcased via photos on a dedicated Flickr page. Congratulations to Jonathan, our overall winner, and, indeed, all of our ten finalists - and a big thank you to everyone who entered." said James Wildman, Yahoo VP Sales and MD Yahoo UK & Ireland.
Special thanks to Colin Stout, Alex Deverill, Arlen Connelly, Immediate Media and Soho Gyms Camden for help with photography.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Designer (Packaging, Brochure, POS, Retouching) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer (Branding, Marketing, POS, Packaging) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, London