Waitrose hides Willy Wonka-style tickets in Heston Blumenthal chocolates
The spirit of Willy Wonka is being evoked with a competition that will see five tickets hidden in Heston Blumenthal's Christmas chocolates with those who discover a ticket invited to spend the day with the celebrity chef.
Waitrose came up with the idea following the success of its Hidden Orange Christmas Pudding, which resulted in bidding wars on eBay after the product sold out.
Blumenthal, who credits Willy Wonka as his fictional hero, will star in a TV ad promoting the competition, which will also offer a sixth ticket given away to the winner of an online game on the Waitrose Facebook page.
Client: Rupert Thomas, marketing director at Waitrose
Agency: Bartle Bogle Hegarty
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Director of Strategy Factory Design Labs Depending on Qualifications, Valais