Waitrose hides Willy Wonka-style tickets in Heston Blumenthal chocolates
The spirit of Willy Wonka is being evoked with a competition that will see five tickets hidden in Heston Blumenthal's Christmas chocolates with those who discover a ticket invited to spend the day with the celebrity chef.
Waitrose came up with the idea following the success of its Hidden Orange Christmas Pudding, which resulted in bidding wars on eBay after the product sold out.
Blumenthal, who credits Willy Wonka as his fictional hero, will star in a TV ad promoting the competition, which will also offer a sixth ticket given away to the winner of an online game on the Waitrose Facebook page.
Client: Rupert Thomas, marketing director at Waitrose
Agency: Bartle Bogle Hegarty
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, Winnersh, Berkshire
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)