Waitrose hides Willy Wonka-style tickets in Heston Blumenthal chocolates
The spirit of Willy Wonka is being evoked with a competition that will see five tickets hidden in Heston Blumenthal's Christmas chocolates with those who discover a ticket invited to spend the day with the celebrity chef.
Waitrose came up with the idea following the success of its Hidden Orange Christmas Pudding, which resulted in bidding wars on eBay after the product sold out.
Blumenthal, who credits Willy Wonka as his fictional hero, will star in a TV ad promoting the competition, which will also offer a sixth ticket given away to the winner of an online game on the Waitrose Facebook page.
Client: Rupert Thomas, marketing director at Waitrose
Agency: Bartle Bogle Hegarty
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire