Barbara Windsor and Jackpotjoy reunite with Beta
Jackpotjoy, the online gaming and bingo site owned by owned by Gamesys, has moved its advertising account back to Beta without a pitch, after nearly two years with Isobel.
Beta originally won the account in 2009, when Jackpotjoy’s media spend was valued at £5 million. It launched the Jackpotjoy brand in 2010 with its ongoing brand personality, ex-'Eastenders' actress Barbara Windsor, who plays the Queen of Bingo character.
The account then moved to Isobel in January 2012 after a pitch, in which Beta did not participate. Isobel’s relationship with Jackpotjoy has since ended.
Robert Campbell, Beta’s chairman, said: ‘We’re thrilled to be working with Gamesys again. They are one of the most exciting companies I’ve encountered for a long time. And it’s an honour to work with Barbara."
Maxus will continue to handle media planning and buying for the brand.
Beta is now working on a new campaign for 2014 to "re-establish the Queen of Bingo at the heart of the brand’s marketing." Its first ad for Jackpotjoy broke on the same day as Windsor left the BBC after 16 years playing Eastenders’ Peggy Mitchell.
In May, Jackpotjoy released two interactive TV spots created by Isobel. They were shot in front of a live audience and took the form of a game show, hosted by Windsor. They were the most recalled ads of the week in July, according to TNS and Ebiquity.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London