ICrossing wins Debenhams SEO pitch
Debenhams, the department store, has appointed digital marketing agency iCrossing as its SEO agency.
Debenhams: wishes made fabulous by JWT London
The agency won the natural search strategy account in a "competitive, multi-agency pitch", but the number of agencies involved has not been released.
Debenhams is hoping to hit its 2014 growth targets by working with iCrossing on search engine optimisation to improve its visibility and ranking in search page results.
iCrossing has implemented the early stages of this strategy and will soon begin working with Debenhams’ internal marketing and SEO teams. The group began working with the retailer in September.
Tom Jones, chief client officer at iCrossing, said: "We’re hoping it will be a long-term partnership, that’s our aspiration. It’s an exciting time at the moment in the run-up to Christmas, and making the most of the seasonal demand is very important.
"Into next year, we’ll be making sure we’re exposing as much of Debenhams’ inventory online as possible, to keep its business growing online."
Debenhams online revenue has grown by 46 per cent in the year to 31 August, from £251 million to £366 million. This means online trading now accounts for 13.2 per cent of all the retailer’s sales.
ICrossing’s other clients include The Coca-Cola Company, Barclays and LEGO.
In October, Debenhams appointed Forward3D to its paid search business.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London