Nestlé replaces Captcha words with KitKat game
KitKat has become the first confectionery brand to embrace an online interactive ad format that gives users a break from frustrating Captcha forms.
KitKat: introduces interactive PlayCaptcha security feature
Captcha is the security feature that requires web site visitors to rewrite distorted words to prove that they are human and not a computer bot.
However, ‘PlayCaptcha’ adopted by the Nestlé-owned chocolate bar asks users to open a virtual KitKat by swiping along the foil by using either their finger on a touch screen or a mouse on a PC.
Gill Watson, KitKat business unit head at Nestlé UK & Ireland Confectionery, said: "At KitKat we always try to find new and interesting ways for consumers to enjoy our product, so PlayCaptcha is an exciting way to extend our ‘Have a Break’ brand equity."
The campaign was created in partnership with KitKat’s ad agency JWT London and Future Ad Labs. Future Ad Labs has previously launched games for Heinz and Reckitt Benckiser.
Heinz’s PlayCaptcha asks website visitors to pour a virtual bottle of salad cream onto a sandwich. A total of 91% of respondents found PlayCaptcha to be a better user experience than standard word-based Captchas, with 90% recalling the Heinz product following the completion of the task.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)