Nestlé replaces Captcha words with KitKat game
KitKat has become the first confectionery brand to embrace an online interactive ad format that gives users a break from frustrating Captcha forms.
KitKat: introduces interactive PlayCaptcha security feature
Captcha is the security feature that requires web site visitors to rewrite distorted words to prove that they are human and not a computer bot.
However, ‘PlayCaptcha’ adopted by the Nestlé-owned chocolate bar asks users to open a virtual KitKat by swiping along the foil by using either their finger on a touch screen or a mouse on a PC.
Gill Watson, KitKat business unit head at Nestlé UK & Ireland Confectionery, said: "At KitKat we always try to find new and interesting ways for consumers to enjoy our product, so PlayCaptcha is an exciting way to extend our ‘Have a Break’ brand equity."
The campaign was created in partnership with KitKat’s ad agency JWT London and Future Ad Labs. Future Ad Labs has previously launched games for Heinz and Reckitt Benckiser.
Heinz’s PlayCaptcha asks website visitors to pour a virtual bottle of salad cream onto a sandwich. A total of 91% of respondents found PlayCaptcha to be a better user experience than standard word-based Captchas, with 90% recalling the Heinz product following the completion of the task.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London