Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
Ogilvy & Mather London has appointed André Laurentino, currently TBWA/London's global creative director for McDonald's, as its global executive creative director for Unilever, including Dove and Hellmann's.
Laurentino (left) with Tham Khai Meng
Laurentino, who is also currently the ECD of TBWA/London, will join O&M in February 2014.
The global ECD role for Unilever at Ogilvy was last held by Gerry Human, who then became ECD of O&M London in 2011 and is now chief creative officer of the London agency.
Laurentino will be based in London. He will be responsible for driving and delivering the creative vision across all of O&M’s Unilever brands globally, including Comfort, Dove and Hellmann’s.
He will report directly to Tham Khai Meng, O&M’s worldwide chief creative officer.
Khai said: "André is not only a massively talented creative and inspirer of people, but he is one of the most passionate and focused admen in this business.
"With him on board, working closely with our clients, Sophie Hoffstetter our worldwide managing director for Unilever, our teams and me, we are now fully geared up to take Unilever to the next level."
Laurentino has held the position of executive creative director at TBWA/London since May 2011, and added the role of global creative director of McDonald's to his responsibilities this year.
He moved from the network's Brazilian arm Lew’Lara\TBWA, where he worked as a copywriter.
The appointment comes after a strong year for O&M, which was named advertising network of the year at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity 2013 for the second year running.
Its ‘Real Beauty Sketches’ campaign for Dove picked up nine Gold Lions and a Titanium and Integrated Grand Prix.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Digital Executive Lipton Fleming £21000.00 - £23000.00 per annum, London
- Digital Account Manager Lipton Fleming £36000.00 per annum, London