Education is both aspirational and enduring, writes Nicola Kemp, in the latest in our Forward 50 trends series.
Pic: Christopher Jones
One of the most disconcerting developments of the digital revolution has been the emergence of a world in which students have, in effect, become teachers.
For digital natives, adapting to new technology platforms is second nature: they have a natural affinity with them that previous generations have had to learn. Inquiring consumers must, in many ways, live in a state of perpetual adolescence, governed by a commitment to exploration, curiosity and continuing education.
From the growth of reverse-mentoring in corporate life to the explosion of online tutorial programmes, education is both aspirational and enduring. The role of brands and businesses in this educational journey is, so far, a largely untapped opportunity.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Digital Project Manager - International Ad agency £30-35K Source £30000 - £35000 per annum, London