The Knowledge Engineers launches global digital survey
The Knowledge Engineers, the digital training company, has announced plans to conduct a global survey about the digital capabilities of the marcoms and media industry.
The Knowledge Engineers: launches global survey
The Digital Knowledge Survey 2014 will find out how digital has affected professionals working in advertising, marketing, communications and media. This information will be used to create global benchmarks for different disciplines.
Agencies, media owners and marketing professionals will then be able to judge their companies against these benchmarks to find gaps in their digital knowledge and skills. Industry bodies will also be able use them to identify where their members could benefit from additional learning.
The survey is the first initiative since Haymarket Media Group, which publishes Campaign, signed a strategic partnership with The Knowledge Engineers and took a minority stake in the business.
Niall McKinney, the founder and chief executive of The Knowledge Engineers, said: "As digital overtakes print to be the second largest advertising medium globally, it is essential for organisations to understand whether they have the right skills to maximise their digital opportunity.
"Previous research undertaken by The Knowledge Engineers has uncovered that only a quarter of marketers said they were confident in delivering digital services and half find it difficult to stay up to date with changes in digital marketing and creative technology.
"The Digital Knowledge Survey 2014 will provide invaluable insight for marcoms businesses and give them a blueprint for talent development in 2014."
Every respondent will get a free copy of the white paper on digital talent as well as three months free access to 12ahead, the online innovation service from The Knowledge Engineers.
Companies will also be able to buy bespoke confidential reports, comparing their strengths and weaknesses with the wider industry.
Jane Macken, the managing director of Haymarket Business Media, said: "The Digital Knowledge Survey is the first of many joint initiatives with our partners at The Knowledge Engineers.
"The invaluable findings will provide Campaign, Marketing, PR Week and MediaWeek with insight into how digital has impacted our industry and will enable our readers to make the most of the digital opportunity."
The Survey is supported by the Institute of Practitioners in Advertising, the European Association of Communications Agencies and IAB Australia.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - GLOBAL BRANDING Royds Raphael £40k-£55k, London
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager- contract & permanent Royds Raphael £36k-£45k / £160-£200 day rate, London