Online estate agency eMoov recruits marketer Sheraz Dar
Sheraz Dar, the former Premier Foods and Britvic marketer, has joined the James Caan-backed online estate agency brand eMoov.co.uk as a non-executive director.
Sheraz Dar: joins eMoov.co.uk in non-exec role
Dar, a one-time head of marketing at Premier Foods, has become a co-investor in eMoov, which claims to be the
The business has gained attention with its proposition of charging a flat fee of £395 plus VAT per sale, and recently signed a deal with venture capital firm Hamilton Bradshaw Real Estate (HBRE), established by former 'Dragon’s Den' star James Caan.
In his non-executive role, Dar will oversee eMoov’s marketing function and an upcoming "national awareness campaign", as well as handling agency relationships. The brand is yet to appoint an incumbent ad agency.
Faisal Butt, the HBRE co-founder and managing director, said: "[Dar] is one of those rare marketers who have delivered across both online and offline brands. We want eMoov to be seen by the public as a genuine alternative to conventional estate agents and Sheraz has been brought on board to make that happen."
Previously with Primelocation and FindaProperty, Dar left the property portal firm following the merger of Digital Property Group (DPG) with rival Zoopla. The move resulted in Charlotte Harper, the Zoopla marketing director, taking on an enlarged role.
Prior to this, Dar was head of marketing at Premier Foods. He also led the launch of soft drinks brand J2O while at Britvic in 1998.
Earlier this year, he also joined online letting firm OpenRent in a non-executive role.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London