IPC Media hires Marcus Rich as chief executive
IPC Media has hired Marcus Rich, the commercial managing director at DMG Media, as its new chief executive, replacing Sylvia Auton.
Marcus Rich: joins IPC Media
Rich will lead the magazine publisher, which owns brands such as NME and Marie Claire. He will report to Evelyn Webster, the executive vice president of Time Inc and a former chief executive of IPC Media.
At the Daily Mail & General Trust since February 2009, Rich was initially managing director of the Mail on Sunday and deputy managing director of the Daily Mail at Associated Newspapers.
He became commercial managing director at A&N Media in June 2012 and has been in the same role at DMG Media, publisher of the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday, Mailonline and Metro, since the regional titles were spun off.
Rich was previously at the Bauer Media-predecessor Emap for 16 years in roles including group managing director of Emap Lifestyle Magazines and Emap Advertising.
Evelyn said: "Marcus is an extremely accomplished business leader, with a distinguished record of delivering strong growth.
"This, coupled with his deep experience in building new and innovative business opportunities, make him the ideal person to lead IPC as we accelerate our multi-platform strategy."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London