Peugeot seeks brand desirability with international ad campaign
Peugeot is seeking to move its brand "upmarket" with an international brand campaign focusing on the design aesthetics of its cars.
Peugeot: design & driving by BETC
The ad, called "design & driving", shows a montage of clips of people experiencing everyday moments alongside shots of Peugeot vehicles such as the 2008 Compact Crossover and 208 T16 Pikes Peak Challenge rally car.
A voiceover by actor John Simm outlines that Peugeot’s design philosophy is to "translate every pencil line into movement". The ad ends with a shot of a man’s arm hairs standing on end, and the voiceover stating: "Voilà! That’s the purpose of Peugeot design."
Chris Cheetham, Peugeot’s head of brand advertising and retail communications, said: "This has been a game-changing year for Peugeot, with the arrival of so many exciting and innovative new models.
"This new campaign is about communicating that to the British public, letting them know Peugeot is about great design and a fantastic driving experience – qualities which will continue with more highly desirable new cars in 2014."
The campaign, by Paris-based agency BETC, debuted in the UK yesterday and will run on TV and cinema until Christmas Day.
It marks the end of a successful year for Peugeot in the UK, with 2013 new car registrations to end of November up nearly 5% year on year, according to Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders' (SMMT) figures. It has also grown its market share to 4.93%, up from 4.7% in 2012.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Marketing Executive Ninesharp £25000 - £27000 per annum, Southampton