Guardian marketer David Pemsel promoted to deputy chief executive role
David Pemsel, the chief commercial officer of Guardian News & Media, has been promoted to deputy chief executive of GNM, as the chief executive of Guardian US, Michael Bloom, exits the company.
David Pemsel: becomes deputy chief excutive of Guardian News & Media
Pemsel will have responsibility for all of The Guardian’s commercial operations, including Australia and the US as well as the UK, and work to integrate the teams in all three countries into one organisation.
Although as the chief commercial officer Pemsel was already involved in US and Australian commercial strategy, he will now be directly responsible for it.
He will also seek to grow the UK services, including marketing and audience insight, advertising sales, Guardian jobs, Guardian Labs, consumer revenues, membership, and commercial delivery, in the US and Australia.
Pemsel will continue to report to Andrew Miller, the chief executive of Guardian Media Group.
As part of the changes, Tony Danker, the international director of GNM, will take on the new role of director, international and partnerships, leading partnerships with digital platforms and identifying new areas for investment.
Miller said: "GNM is really firing on all cylinders, and we are continuing to accelerate the growth of our digital revenues and build our global audience at a pace that outstrips our competitors.
"In order to capitalise on the momentum we have created, now is the right time to integrate our commercial operations across the UK, US and Australia in line with our global strategy and ambitions."
Pemsel was previously the group marketing director of ITV, leaving in June 2010 after responsibility for marketing passed to Peter Fincham.
He joined GNM as its chief marketing officer, before taking on the chief commercial officer role, in changes that led to the departure of Adam Freeman.
Miller said: "I believe David Pemsel will be able to maximise the huge potential we see in both the US and Australia, while Tony Danker will be able to create new opportunities and partnerships for us around the world."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London