Channel 4 makes PR sitcom pilot
Channel 4 has commissioned a sitcom pilot called Flack, starring Sheridan Smith as a PR executive trying to keep her life on track while dealing with her clients.
The comedy, written by Oliver Lansley and produced by Hat Trick, is a "classy, witty and bold show, where a funny and complex female character’s life drives the story and the PR world is the backdrop to that," according to Channel 4.
"With Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, the blogosphere and the rampant tabloid press, the next celebrity scandal is never far away and someone has to be there to pick up the pieces."
It has been commissioned by Channel 4 head of comedy Phil Clarke as one of three transmittable pilots and is filming this month. It will be shown in the New Year.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER- Fashion retailer Success Digital £65000 per annum, London
- Client Director - Digital Agency - London £50-65k Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- Neolane Campaign Manager PFJ £300 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Marketing Operations Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager - consumer products ADLIB £38000 - £43000 per annum, Cornwall