Channel 4 makes PR sitcom pilot
Channel 4 has commissioned a sitcom pilot called Flack, starring Sheridan Smith as a PR executive trying to keep her life on track while dealing with her clients.
The comedy, written by Oliver Lansley and produced by Hat Trick, is a "classy, witty and bold show, where a funny and complex female character’s life drives the story and the PR world is the backdrop to that," according to Channel 4.
"With Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, the blogosphere and the rampant tabloid press, the next celebrity scandal is never far away and someone has to be there to pick up the pieces."
It has been commissioned by Channel 4 head of comedy Phil Clarke as one of three transmittable pilots and is filming this month. It will be shown in the New Year.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £32000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, City of London