Channel 4 makes PR sitcom pilot
Channel 4 has commissioned a sitcom pilot called Flack, starring Sheridan Smith as a PR executive trying to keep her life on track while dealing with her clients.
The comedy, written by Oliver Lansley and produced by Hat Trick, is a "classy, witty and bold show, where a funny and complex female character’s life drives the story and the PR world is the backdrop to that," according to Channel 4.
"With Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, the blogosphere and the rampant tabloid press, the next celebrity scandal is never far away and someone has to be there to pick up the pieces."
It has been commissioned by Channel 4 head of comedy Phil Clarke as one of three transmittable pilots and is filming this month. It will be shown in the New Year.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)