Meerkats welcome baby in Christmas Day Comparethemarket.com ad
Comparethemarket.com will introduce a new character into its long-running Comparethemeerkat.com storyline in a TV ad airing on Christmas Day.
The new ad, created by VCCP, will first air on TV on 25 December.
The spot shows meerkat character Aleksandr Orlov, the founder of Comparethemeerkat.com, and his sidekick Sergei getting to grips with parenthood after a baby meerkat called Oleg is dumped on their doorstep. To promote the ad, Comparethemarket.com has released stills from the ad as well as a couple of teaser images spoofing the nativity scene, with Orlov and Sergei dressed as Joseph and Mary, welcoming the arrival of Oleg.
Comparethemarket.com has released a statement from Orlov: "Arrival of Baby Oleg was big shock in Meerkovo, but it mean for first time our Nativity production have real baby. Unfortunatelys, real baby come with real baby smell, but most peoples just say it add to authenticness of stable."
The baby’s parentage has not been made clear, although there is only one female character in the meerkat cast – the school teacher Maiya.
The spot was created by Steve Misir and Javier Romartinez, and directed by Dave Scanlon through Passion Pictures. ZenithOptimedia handled the media planning and buying.
Comparethemarket.com has been running ads featuring meerkats since 2009.
In November 2013, the singer Gary Barlow appeared in two Comparethemarket.com commercials, along with Orlov and the other meerkat characters, ahead of the release of his new album. The ad also marked the one-year anniversary of Comparethemarket.com’s £30 million, three-year sponsorship deal with the TV show '
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London