Samsung unveils full star-studded football squad for match against 'alien invaders'
Samsung has created a film to reveal the full 13-man squad for its Galaxy football team, ahead of a winner-takes-all match against aliens on a "virtual football pitch".
Iker Casillas: Real Madrid and Spanish international goalkeeper stars for Samsung
The film shows manager Franz Beckenbauer handing Lionel Messi the captain’s armband and signing up other players for the team, which includes Cristiano Ronaldo, Iker Casillas, Wayne Rooney, China’s Wu Lei and Nigeria’s Victor Moses.
The Galaxy 11 campaign will be revealed in a series of chapters in 2014 and content from the campaign will delivered via Samsung Galaxy devices, online platforms and social media channels.
Players in the team have a combined social media following of nearly 200 million fans and each team member will provide fans with updates and exclusive content throughout the campaign as they seek to prove "football will save the planet".
Andy Griffiths, president at Samsung Electronics UK and Ireland, said: "We’ve assembled a ‘dream team’ of top-class players from around the world to join the Galaxy 11 campaign and help bring this story to life across various channels and Galaxy devices.
"As the story continues to unfold, fan participation will become even more vital to our campaign."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)