Sky buys Dolphin and takes on Sony sales contract
BSkyB has bought the Dolphin TV advertising sales house from Sony Pictures Television (SPT) and picked up the ad sales contracts for Sony's eight UK channels.
Movies4Men: one of Sony's eight UK channels for which BSkyB will sell ads
Ahead of the deal being signed this week, David Goffin, the managing director of Dolphin, and Mike Wells, the deputy managing director, left the business.
From next year, BSkyB’s ad sales division Sky Media will sell advertising on behalf of Sony’s channels, which include Sony Movies Channel, Movies4Men and Sony Entertainment Television.
Kate Marsh, the senior vice-president for SPT Networks, said: "Our UK channels business has expanded from one to eight linear feeds in just two years. With this increasing scale, it is the right time to consolidate and continue to grow."
Dolphin employed 29 members of staff. A spokesman for Sky had not confirmed whether there would be any further departures, ahead of publication.
Richard Hawking, the operations director of Sky Media said: "This deal further broadens our existing range of channels, giving advertisers access to a wider portfolio of channels and extended reach."
SPT bought the channels business Dolphin Broadcasting Limited and took a majority stake in ad sales house Dolphin TV in January 2012. Goffin and Wells had retained a minority stake in the business.
The Dolphin deal follows a similar move in October, when Sky bought the specialist ad sales house Multicultural & Ethnic Media Sales.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London
- Account Director - B2B & B2C to £65k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £65000 per annum, City of London