Marketer Paul Willcox rejoins Nissan as chairman after three-month stint with VW
Nissan former UK and Europe top marketer Paul Willcox is to rejoin the company in the role of chairman for the Europe region, only three months after joining Volkswagen (VW) as head of its UK business.
Paul Willcox: rejoining Nissan after three months with Volkswagen
Willcox, formerly pricing and marketing director for Nissan GB and vice president marketing for Nissan Europe, will take up the position at an as-yet undisclosed future date.
VW confirmed this morning that, despite only joining the manufacturer in September, Willcox is to leave with immediate effect and be replaced by one-time VW
Willis said: "I’m delighted to be returning to the Volkswagen Group in the
Willcox first joined Nissan in 1992. He was replaced as the marque’s top European marketing role by Guillaume Cartier, who moved over from his position as vice president for sales operations in
In his new role, he will report to Trevor Mann, Nissan global chief performance officer.
Mann said: "I am delighted about Paul's appointment. With his deep knowledge of Nissan and strong leadership, I am confident that Paul will succeed in achieving our European performance objectives."
Nissan's global marketing chief Andy Palmer recently told Marketing the rise of the "empowered female" is the biggest consumer trend affecting its worldwide marketing plans.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London