Marketer Paul Willcox rejoins Nissan as chairman after three-month stint with VW
Nissan former UK and Europe top marketer Paul Willcox is to rejoin the company in the role of chairman for the Europe region, only three months after joining Volkswagen (VW) as head of its UK business.
Paul Willcox: rejoining Nissan after three months with Volkswagen
Willcox, formerly pricing and marketing director for Nissan GB and vice president marketing for Nissan Europe, will take up the position at an as-yet undisclosed future date.
VW confirmed this morning that, despite only joining the manufacturer in September, Willcox is to leave with immediate effect and be replaced by one-time VW
Willis said: "I’m delighted to be returning to the Volkswagen Group in the
Willcox first joined Nissan in 1992. He was replaced as the marque’s top European marketing role by Guillaume Cartier, who moved over from his position as vice president for sales operations in
In his new role, he will report to Trevor Mann, Nissan global chief performance officer.
Mann said: "I am delighted about Paul's appointment. With his deep knowledge of Nissan and strong leadership, I am confident that Paul will succeed in achieving our European performance objectives."
Nissan's global marketing chief Andy Palmer recently told Marketing the rise of the "empowered female" is the biggest consumer trend affecting its worldwide marketing plans.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of CRM/Customer Experience - 8/9 month Contract ADLIB Competitive + Benefits, Devon
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire