Oxfam launches 'Lift lives for good' fundraising campaign
Oxfam has today launched a fundraising campaign, "Lift lives for good," to highlight the difference made to people's lives through the charity's long-term development projects.
Oxfam: launches its Lift lives for good campaign
The campaign, created by a group of six agencies including RKCR/Y&R, WPN and MC&C, tells the story of six-year-old Dilip and how his life is lifted when his mother is given an Oxfam cow.
The cow becomes central to Dilip's mother and he is shown lifting off the ground as his dream of going to school becomes a reality. Other people in the community are seen lifted off their feet as the effect of Oxfam's work reaches them.
Oxfam aims to demonstrate the difference that can be made by one person's regular donation, while combating the recent drop in general income. It is Oxfam's general income that helps the charity to address poverty in areas that do not have general awareness from the news, and are consequently underfunded.
Funds created by general income cover the charity's support costs and can also be used at the beginning of a humanitarian disaster, before an appeal has been launched.
Mark Goldring, Oxfam’s chief executive, said: "Long-term supporters of Oxfam know and love the work the charity does to alleviate poverty.
"However, in these times of economic instability we needed to come up with an ambitious plan to reinvigorate how people see us and bring in new support."
"We want the public to know that by supporting Oxfam, they won’t just be saving lives today, but they will be strengthening lives forever."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london