Quorn recruits Mo Farah to drive 'healthy protein' image
Quorn is looking to reinvent itself as a "healthy protein" provider for active consumers, with a new marketing campaign featuring Olympic gold medallist Mo Farah.
The brand, owned by private equity firm Exponent, is planning a "multimillion-pound" campaign to expand the appeal of Quorn products beyond those seeking meat-free alternatives.
A TV ad, by Big Communications, launching today (1 January) will show Farah discussing how products such as Quorn Mince assist him in his training regime.
The ad shows Farah, the first sportsperson to represent Quorn in two decades, racing past rivals on a mountainous running track. It ends with Farah stating: "Make Quorn Mince part of your programme."
According to Quorn’s international marketing director Peter Harrison, the brand is set to benefit from a huge explosion in interest in the meat-alternative category, with estimates that the sector could be worth £600m by 2020.
Harrison said: "By reframing Quorn, we will reach a new audience – those who lead a fit and active lifestyle – whilst continuing to appeal to people that already understand the benefits of a meat-free diet.
"Next year will be an exciting time for the Quorn brand. We’re continuing to focus on our core products and will be investing more than ever before in marketing communications to ensure that the brand, and the category, is front of mind for the millions of consumers who seek to lead a fit and active lifestyle."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Digital Senior/Account Director - Consumer/Lifestyle Clients Digital Gurus £45000 - £55000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- MW Copywriter Red Sofa London £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London