Quorn recruits Mo Farah to drive 'healthy protein' image
Quorn is looking to reinvent itself as a "healthy protein" provider for active consumers, with a new marketing campaign featuring Olympic gold medallist Mo Farah.
The brand, owned by private equity firm Exponent, is planning a "multimillion-pound" campaign to expand the appeal of Quorn products beyond those seeking meat-free alternatives.
A TV ad, by Big Communications, launching today (1 January) will show Farah discussing how products such as Quorn Mince assist him in his training regime.
The ad shows Farah, the first sportsperson to represent Quorn in two decades, racing past rivals on a mountainous running track. It ends with Farah stating: "Make Quorn Mince part of your programme."
According to Quorn’s international marketing director Peter Harrison, the brand is set to benefit from a huge explosion in interest in the meat-alternative category, with estimates that the sector could be worth £600m by 2020.
Harrison said: "By reframing Quorn, we will reach a new audience – those who lead a fit and active lifestyle – whilst continuing to appeal to people that already understand the benefits of a meat-free diet.
"Next year will be an exciting time for the Quorn brand. We’re continuing to focus on our core products and will be investing more than ever before in marketing communications to ensure that the brand, and the category, is front of mind for the millions of consumers who seek to lead a fit and active lifestyle."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire