Change4Life unveils new 'smart swaps' ad
Public Health England (PHE) reveals what is "really" in sugary drinks in its latest TV ad, as the marketing body's Change4Life Plasticine family counts the number of sugar cubes in a bottle of fizzy pop.
The ad is one of four TV spots in Change4Life’s new "smart swaps" campaign from PHE, which encourages consumers to swap sugary and fatty foods for more healthy options when they go shopping.
The campaign was created by M&C Saatchi and is the first since the agency retained the £10.9 million account in October 2013.
It features Change4Life’s trademark clay figures and was produced by the Wallace and Gromit creator, Aardman Animations.
The first 40-second TV spot highlights that there is the equivalent of 52 sugar cubes in a two-litre bottle of fizzy drink.
Two child characters drinking fizzy ‘pop’ on a sofa are interrupted by their parents, who pull a lever to open a hole in the floor below them. The family fall into a kitchen where they then "pour" out the number of sugar cubes in a glass and a bottle of fizzy drink.
Three ten-second executions have also been released, one suggesting a switch from butter to low-fat spreads and another promoting low-fat cheese as a choice.
A third ten-second spot encourages viewers to register for the Smart Swaps campaign, which will give them a "smart swapper" tool, fridge magnets and money-off vouchers, which are redeemable at Asda, Co-operative Food, Aldi and Lidl.
The copywriter at M&C Saatchi was Andrew Long and the art director was James Millers. It was directed by Steve Harding Hill at Aardman. Media planning was handled by MEC and media buying was from M4C.
The TV spots will run on ITV and Channel 5 until 31 January. There will also be out-of-home activity at supermarkets until 26 January, and national and regional radio spots until 31 January on stations including Heart, Capital and Real Radio.
Digital display ads will appear on sites including eBay, Yahoo and MySupermarket.com until 28 January.
M&C Saatchi has worked on the Change4Life creative business for more than five years and held onto it following a review through the Government Procurement Service last year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Designer/ Creative Director Designate Major Players £40000 - £50000 per annum + Plus Benefits, City of London