Blessed and Pasquale return as Underdog climbs legal mountain
National Accident Helpline has today launched its latest ad online, featuring the voice of the comedian Joe Pasquale as the injury-prone Underdog and the actor Brian Blessed as the booming voice of the law.
The personal injury claims service has used the clay Underdog character, produced by Aardman Animations, since 2010.
The Plasticine character represents NAH’s "David versus Goliath" characterisation, which suggests the organisation helps vulnerable people challenge large faceless organisations to seek compensation when they have an accident.
In the new 30-second film, Pasquale plays Underdog, who climbs a huge stack of law books before tumbling off them. Blessed’s voice then booms: "Familiar with the law, are you Underdog?", suggesting that anyone taking on a court case must have a knowledge of legal jargon.
The Underdog character decides to call the NAH, stressing that all of its solicitors are personal injury specialists.
Dave Trott was the copywriter and the art director was Gordon Smith. Bram Thweam at Aardman directed the ad.
For the first time, NAH is releasing the initially online on its YouTube channel today, ahead of the first TV airing on Monday 6 January.
Beth Powell, the consumer director at National Accident Helpline, said: "Our decision to release the ad online ahead of its television air-date is a first, but given the popularity of our previous ads, we were keen to give our most-engaged consumers the chance to view it ahead of time."
She added: "Being an accident victim is an intimidating position to be in – you are not just proceeding against another individual, you are up against the whole system.
"This ad aims to remind the public that National Accident Helpline is on their side, which provides consumers with the best chance of securing the compensation they deserve."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London