Panasonic in The Taste product placement deal
Panasonic has signed a deal to appear in the UK version of the cooking competition, 'The Taste', featuring Nigella Lawson.
Panasonic: the company's kitchen appliances will feature in The Taste
Lawson is a judge in the show alongside the American chef and 'Kitchen Confidential' author Anthony Bourdain and Ludo Lefebvre, the French chef and former head chef at Los Angeles restaurants L'Orangerie and Bastide.
Throughout the ten-week series, which starts tomorrow (7 January) on Channel 4, the contestants will cook on Panasonic’s induction hobs and ovens, as well as store ingredients in its fridges. Vizeum negotiated the partnership on Panasonic’s behalf.
The first episode will begin with 25 professional and amateur chefs. During the series, guest chefs will include Yotam Ottolenghi, Richard Corrigan, Angela Hartnett and Fergus Henderson.
Zeena Hill, the head of home appliance marketing at Panasonic UK said: "The show's professional format will highlight the versatility and superior functionality of our kitchen appliances."
The US version of the show launched last year and starred Lawson, Bourdain and Lefebvre alongside Marcus Samuelsson, the owner of Red Rooster Harlem in New York.
Rob Ramsey, the partnership leader at Channel 4 said: "Panasonic integrated appliances are the ideal product placement partner for 'The Taste'. Combining a distinctive look and advanced functionality they fit perfectly with this format featuring top chefs and their protégées as they do battle to deliver the very best in high end haute cuisine in the most intense of environments each week."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)