Travelodge prepares £10m campaign to relaunch brand
Travelodge will launch a £10m television campaign in the spring as part of a brand relaunch after fighting off administration last year.
Travelodge: set to relaunch brand with TV campaign in the spring
The budget hotel chain posted pre-tax losses of £71.1m in 2012 and is seeking to turn around the business under a recovery plan from new owners GoldenTree Asset Management, Avenue Capital and Goldman Sachs.
Private equity firm Dubai International Capital passed on control of Travelodge to the three companies in August, as part of a deal that wrote off £235m of bank debt.
The brand relaunch comes after the hotel chain has refurbished more than 16,000 of its 35,000 rooms in the
Brian Wallace, chairman of Travelodge, told the Daily Telegraph that Travelodge is reclaiming market share after losing ground to Whitbread-owned Premier Inn, which has recorded strong growth in the past 18 months.
Wallace said. "Wounded animals come back to life and we are back to life in a big way. Travelodge happened to go through an unfortunate ownership period, but the truth is it’s a great brand – everyone has heard of it.
"Across the whole of the
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London