H&M plots David Beckham 't-commerce' Super Bowl ad
H&M is planning to broadcast a Super Bowl TV ad starring David Beckham that will allow viewers to buy items from the former footballer's underwear range directly through their TVs.
David Beckham: H&M readies Super Bowl push
According to reports, the Swedish fashion retailer is returning to the Super Bowl after a year away with a campaign for Beckham’s Bodywear range.
Viewers watching the broadcast via a Samsung smart TV will be able to use their remote controls to order the products modelled by the former
Using a system dubbed "t-commerce", developed by ad tech company Delivery Agent, a small pop-up menu will appear on screen allowing viewers to make a purchase. The interactivity will also appear to those watching the ad after the live broadcast.
H&M first signed up Beckham as an ambassador in 2011. Last year's campaign for its Spring 2013 range was directed by Guy Ritchie. The storyline followed the exploits of the recently-retired footballer after he was locked out of his house wearing only his underwear.
Brands such as Unilever-owned Axe, Audi, Bud Light, Chevrolet, Coca-Cola and Mars have invested an estimated $4m for a 30-second TV ad during the Super Bowl on 2 February.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Partnership Manager Movember Competitive, Clerkenwell, London (Greater)
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London