H&M plots David Beckham 't-commerce' Super Bowl ad
H&M is planning to broadcast a Super Bowl TV ad starring David Beckham that will allow viewers to buy items from the former footballer's underwear range directly through their TVs.
David Beckham: H&M readies Super Bowl push
According to reports, the Swedish fashion retailer is returning to the Super Bowl after a year away with a campaign for Beckham’s Bodywear range.
Viewers watching the broadcast via a Samsung smart TV will be able to use their remote controls to order the products modelled by the former
Using a system dubbed "t-commerce", developed by ad tech company Delivery Agent, a small pop-up menu will appear on screen allowing viewers to make a purchase. The interactivity will also appear to those watching the ad after the live broadcast.
H&M first signed up Beckham as an ambassador in 2011. Last year's campaign for its Spring 2013 range was directed by Guy Ritchie. The storyline followed the exploits of the recently-retired footballer after he was locked out of his house wearing only his underwear.
Brands such as Unilever-owned Axe, Audi, Bud Light, Chevrolet, Coca-Cola and Mars have invested an estimated $4m for a 30-second TV ad during the Super Bowl on 2 February.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- PROCUCTION MANAGER / DIRECTOR - BRANDING DESIGN & STRATEGY Royds Raphael £45k-£50k+neg, London
- Account Director / Senior Account Manager - Retail Branding & Interiors Royds Raphael £40K - £50K, London