Dixons recruits Gary Booker for UK and Ireland CMO post
Dixons Retail has chosen former O2 marketer Gary Booker to become the electronics retailer's next chief marketing officer, overseeing its brands in UK and Ireland.
Booker replaces Andrea Silver, Dixon’s UK and Ireland marketing director, who has decided to leave the company to pursue other interests such as a new role as a non-executive director of charity Mind.
Joining in the summer, Booker will be responsible for Dixons Retail’s brands Currys, PC World, Dixons Travel and Knowhow in the
Booker (right) joins the retailer from his current position at Telefonica Digital. He has been with the company since 2010, rising from general manager at O2 UK to marketing and consumer director at Telefonica, and finally to chief marketing officer for
Prior to this, Booker held senior marketing positions at Electronic Arts (EA) and Dunlop Slazenger.
Katie Bickerstaffe, Dixons
In December, Dixons Retail posted a five-fold increase in underlying profits, which hit £31.4m for the six months to 31 October.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham