Pitch update: The latest on the biggest pitches from over the Christmas break
2014 has started in a new-business frenzy - and for some poor souls, their Christmas break was not as merry as it might otherwise have been.
Argos: pitches for the advertising account are being held this week
Pitches for the Argos advertising account, announced in the middle of December, are taking place this week, while the agencies in the Dixons ad review were invited to participate in another stage this week. Further intrigue was thrown upon this particular review with the announcement that a new chief marketing officer had been appointed near the end of the process. Gary Booker replaces Andrea Silver and, although he is not expected to join until later in the year, he will be taking an observational role for the final stage of the review alongside his predecessor. For its part, Dixons claims that the pitch is still running smoothly and a result is imminent.
British Airways’ ad pitch now looks like it will extend into February, while Sony Electronics’ European creative review (excluding mobile) and the SSE CRM pitch have stretched past Christmas when they were expected to finish earlier. Plus ça change.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of CRM/Customer Experience - 8/9 month Contract ADLIB Competitive + Benefits, Devon
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire