Hertz on why it replaced its traditional counters with a 'tech-enabled space'
Elyes Mrad, vice president of sales and marketing at Hertz International, tells Marketing about the high-tech overhaul of its flagship Marble Arch store in London, as the car hire firm seeks to revolutionise the in-store experience.
What are the motivations behind the rebrand?
"Hertz is undertaking a multi-year project to transform the car rental experience. We started with customers and research to understand what it was they were looking for from a premium car rental experience.
"The research also highlighted how the majority of car rental brands did not distinguish themselves by having a clear and ownable platform – there was a lot of similarity and little differentiation.
"Hertz’s global rebrand has been designed to reflect the accelerated pace of modern life together with the heightened demands of today’s rental customer."
How will it help to improve the customer experience?
"Our goal is to ensure we are consistently the best at delivering a faster, easier and more rewarding experience to every individual that we interact with – whether it is the renting customer themselves, the family and friends travelling with them, or a commercial partner.
"Taking out the old traditional counters where customers had to queue up, and replacing the counters with a bright, modern, tech-enabled space vastly improves the experience.
"As the program continues to rollout, our staff will be issued with the new uniforms and also receive new training. We have introduced new lines to our fleet, and new processes to meet the highest standards of cleanliness and safety. We are simplifying the presentation of our contracts and improving the mobile experience."
Are there plans to roll out this rebrand beyond stores?
"The work we have undertaken to date goes far beyond a straightforward ‘rebrand’. It is more of a reinvention of car rental, and it impacts every facet of our business. We have introduced the Hertz streamline motif, new Hertz yellow, and new visual scheme to Hertz.com and our other websites, plus all our digital and offline media."
How fast will the roll out of the new store experience happen in the UK?
"The programme has already been competed at a number of our locations across the
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)