Martin Sorrell's top six spots at #CES2014
Group M caught up with Sir Martin Sorrell after a brief tour of this year's Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Sir Martin Sorrell: the chief executive of WPP
In the video below, uploaded onto the YouTube page of WPP's media arm, the chief executive of WPP talks about what caught his eye at CES and what he believes will be important developments in products and consumer behaviour in the coming years.
Sorrell touched on developments in TV image quality and pointed to super-high-definition 4K and 8K technology as one of the most impressive of the show:
He said: "The LG screens are absolutely superb, curve screens as well. LG, Samsung, Sony…are all companies that, I think, impress."
Sorrell said: "What Ford's doing in the auto area…technology is becoming far more important."
Apple vs. Google
Sorrell also touched on the "battle" going on between Apple, Google and Microsoft to capture market share.
Earlier in the video, Sorrell said it was disappointing that neither Google nor Apple was present.
Although it is said to be set to become one of 2014's most-talked about developments in advertising and marketing, Sorrell said there were further developments to come in the wearable tech space before it took off.
He said: "We're in the infancy of that. Google Glass in a few years' time, I think we can all agree, will be even more important."
"The most impressive thing is the reduction in cost," Sorrell said.
Prices have dropped significantly in the past two years, Sorrell told the interviewer: He said: "If you compare pricing to where we are now, there's a very significant difference."
Domestic appliances and 'the internet of things'
When asked what had caught his eye, Sorrell also cited "domestic appliances and linking them in the home".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)