Apple uses Dead Poets' Society speech to demonstrate iPad creativity
"We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry, because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion."
iPad ad uses Dead Poets' Society speech
"And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for."
So said Robin Williams’ character Professor Keating in the Dead Poets’ Society. His speech is resurrected here for this Apple iPad air TV ad, which demonstrates the machine as a tool or vehicle for creativity.
Microsite: Your Verse
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)