Marketers' salaries up £3,000 but bonuses down, claims study
Marketers' annual salaries have climbed 5.6% to an average £53,613 in the past year, according to research from marketing recruitment firm EMR.
Salary: marketers' average pay rises in 2013
According to EMR’s 2014 Salary and Market Trends report, salaries were up almost £3,000 in 2013/14, from £50,781 in 2012/13. However, the value of bonuses has experienced a marginal decline, from £7,238 last year down to £7,155 this year.
The uplift in salaries was mirrored by a growing confidence among marketers. The study found a 30% increase in marketing professionals who felt confident about the prospects for the economy in the coming year.
Last year, only 21% of marketers surveyed expressed optimism, while this year, over half (51%) felt confident.
The study also found 43% of marketers reported an increase in staff levels in their department over the past year, with 36% expecting further growth. A sense of job security was felt by 61% of respondents, up from 55% last year.
Simon Bassett, EMR’s managing director, said: "An increase in overall pay and salary in particular is a major sign of confidence within the marketing industry as it represents a longer term commitment than simply raising bonuses.
"The sector is performing well and spending more and the huge increase in optimism is a by-product of this."
EMR’s report was compiled after surveying 1,330 UK marketing professionals.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)