Twitter allows advertisers to tap into users' email addresses to improve targeting
Twitter is now allowing advertisers to target its users with promoted tweets based on information gathered from people's email addresses.
Twitter: improves ad targeting to store card holders
The changes could allow a company, such as a fashion retailer, to advertise a sale to those Twitter users with a store’s loyalty card.
Advertisers will be able to create "tailored audiences" lists from email addresses in their own customer relationship management (CRM) database or a database from an ad partner.
Retailers will be invited to share "unreadable scrambles" of its card members’ email addresses with Twitter, which the social network will then match to the relevant Twitter accounts.
The social network will also allow advertisers to create tailored audiences using Twitter usernames or user IDs, to identify key influencers and target them with a promoted account, encouraging them to follow the brand.
CRM and Twitter IDs will also be available to advertisers for "exclusion targeting", to target users who do not have a loyalty card.
Users will be able to opt out of the service by unchecking a box in their privacy settings, next to the "tailor ads based on information shared by ads partners" message.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)