Government teams up with Facebook and RBS to launch online safety campaign
The Government, in partnership with companies including Facebook and RBS, has launched a marketing campaign to change the way people protect themselves while shopping, banking or socialising online, in order to avoid falling victim to "cyber criminals".
Cyber Streetwise: campaign aims to help people protect themeselves against online criminals
The ‘Cyber Streetwise’ campaign, created by M&C Saatchi, aims to change the way people view online safety and provide the public and businesses with the skills and knowledge they need to take control the problem. It will run across outdoor, radio and digital.
A website, www.cyberstreetwise.com, has also being unveiled, providing interactive resources and advice for the essential safe experience online.
Security minister James Brokenshire, said: "As a government, we are taking the fight to cyber criminals wherever they are in the world. 'Cyber Streetwise' is an innovative new campaign that will provide everyone with the knowledge and confidence to make simple and effective changes to stay safe online.’
The launch of the campaign is part of the Government’s National Cyber Security Programme and comes at a time when an increasing number of people use the web on laptops, tablets and smartphones.
The campaign, with initial funding allocated from the Government’s National Cyber Security Programme, has been aided by a number of private sector partners who are providing support and investment, including Sophos, Facebook, RBS Group, and Financial Fraud Action UK.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...
- Midweight Digital Designer Purple Consultancy £200 per day, London