Tesco, Audi and RBS on board for Sky AdSmart
Tesco, American Airlines and Audi are among more than 40 brands that have signed up for BSkyB's targeted TV advertising service Sky AdSmart, which has launched following a six-month trial.
Sky AdSmart: major brands sign up to targeted TV advertising service
Major consumer brands including Royal Bank of Scotland and Littlewoods are using the service, while others including Citroen and Dial-A-Flight have also confirmed they would roll out Sky AdSmart campaigns over the course of the year.
Sky AdSmart, which is available in more than a fifth of UK households, tailors what is shown in TV ad breaks according to a household’s profile and location.
By enabling advertisers to target their campaigns more accurately, Sky AdSmart aims to increase the size of the TV advertising market by attracting new brands.
Andrew Griffith, the managing director, commercial businesses and chief financial officer at Sky, said: "By enabling advertisers to better segment the TV audience, Sky AdSmart has the potential to open up TV advertising to many more brands and businesses.
"This helps both the brands that previously thought TV too broad a medium, as well as local advertisers who felt that TV wasn’t previously accessible to them."
Local advertisers who have signed up to use the service include insurance group First Central and the Hampshire car dealership Hendy Group.
In total, one quarter of the brands that have signed up for Sky AdSmart are either new to TV advertising or had previously left the market. Those returning to TV advertising include Nestle’s confectionery brand Polo.
To help support the regional rollout, Sky has expanded its Sky AdSmart sales team, creating five new teams based in London, the South West, Midlands, North and Scotland. In total, 18 new jobs have been created.
Campaign revealed Samsung was to be one of the first brands to trial Sky AdSmart in August.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Brand Consultant - Brand Strategist Royds Raphael £85k-£100k+neg, London
- PROCUCTION MANAGER / DIRECTOR - BRANDING DESIGN & STRATEGY Royds Raphael £45k-£50k+neg, London