Cadbury's Williams likens 'Keith' to 'gorilla'
Cadbury's new "Keith" ad is one of the best ads the brand has ever done, according to Matthew Williams, the marketing activation director at Mondelez International, who has likened it to "eyebrow dance" and "gorilla".
The chocolate brand has scrapped its "joyville" campaign in favour of a new lighthearted ad showing a logistics manager lip-syncing to Bacarra’s ‘Yes Sir, I Can Boogie’, which is playing as hold music.
Williams said: "From our perspective Cadbury has always been about bringing joy. Every moment of joy is a moment that puts a smile on your face, a moment that lifts spirits. We’ve never tried to pretend that it could change the world.
"This is one of best ads that we’ve done. We hope that people see a little speck of joy."
At Fallon the creative was Tom Chancellor and Blue Source directed the spot through MJZ.
"Gorilla", also created by Fallon, won the film Grand Prix at the Cannes Lions in 2008.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA