Premier Inn kicks off largest ever media spend
Premier Inn, the hotel chain, has launched a £15 million ad campaign, the brand's largest media spend to date
The ad campaign, created by Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, launched during ITV’s ‘Mr Selfridge’ last night and is the fifth ad starring Lenny Henry since he became Premier Inn’s brand ambassador in 2008.
To promote the range of reasons why people might want to stay at a Premier Inn, the TV ad shows Henry in a Premier Inn bed at the seaside, at King’s Cross station, by a fishing lake and a racecourse, as well as amid a wedding party.
At RKCR/Y&R the copywriter was Rich Fox and the art director was Jamie Woodrington. James Griffiths directed the TV ad through Moxie Pictures. Post production was by MPC with audio post by Wave.
Outdoor, press, digital and social media, will support the TV activity. The planning and buying was by Manning Gottlieb OMD.
The outdoor campaign includes dominating city centre, rail and Underground digital screens in London and large cities with a 70 per cent takeover. Ads will run in The Sun, Metro and the London Evening Standard during January and February.
Russell Braterman, the brand marketing director at Premier Inn, said: "It's the first time Lenny Henry has stepped outside of the hotel environment and the focus of the creative is on Lenny and his enjoyment of sleeping well.
"The ad sees Lenny in his Premier Inn bed, on a whistle-stop tour of the UK. Whether you’re a business traveller needing to get a great night’s sleep before a big meeting, or if you want to catch a good night of ‘zzz’s’ before attending a friend’s wedding, there is a Premier Inn just around the corner."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Planner or Brand Strategist (called Insights Manager internally) Girl Hub. Competitive, Ethiopia (ET)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Brand Partnership Executive - GB Tourism Ireland £28,564 - £34,685 , London
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager Forster c. £40k + benefits, London Bridge Station, London (Greater)
- PR Executive - Maternity Contract AF Selection £24,000 - £30,000, Worcestershire