Dove celebrates natural beauty in Selfie short at Sundance
Unilever's Dove brand is airing a seven-minute short film at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival that highlights the role social media and 'selfies' are playing in "redefining beauty" for young women.
Dove: celebrates natural beauty in Selfie short at Sundance festival
The short, called ‘Selfie’, has been made by award-winning documentary-maker Cynthia Wade and charts the "journeys" of various girls and their mothers in western Massachusetts as they "create a new type of selfie that celebrates their unique beauty".
The film was made as part of Unilever’s Campaign For Real Beauty, which was launched after research conducted two years ago by Dove found that only 2 per cent of women across the globe believed they are beautiful.
The Sundance Film Festival, which was founded by actor and director Robert Redford, is running this year from 16 to 26 January.
Client: Unilever North America
Director: Cynthia Wade
Producer: Sharon Liese
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of CRM/Customer Experience - 8/9 month Contract ADLIB Competitive + Benefits, Devon
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire