Dove celebrates natural beauty in Selfie short at Sundance
Unilever's Dove brand is airing a seven-minute short film at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival that highlights the role social media and 'selfies' are playing in "redefining beauty" for young women.
Dove: celebrates natural beauty in Selfie short at Sundance festival
The short, called ‘Selfie’, has been made by award-winning documentary-maker Cynthia Wade and charts the "journeys" of various girls and their mothers in western Massachusetts as they "create a new type of selfie that celebrates their unique beauty".
The film was made as part of Unilever’s Campaign For Real Beauty, which was launched after research conducted two years ago by Dove found that only 2 per cent of women across the globe believed they are beautiful.
The Sundance Film Festival, which was founded by actor and director Robert Redford, is running this year from 16 to 26 January.
Client: Unilever North America
Director: Cynthia Wade
Producer: Sharon Liese
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Comms Account Manager: £35k Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Client Service Manager - Media Planning and Sponsorship PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Search Account Manager - The Leading Media Agency - PPC Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Head of Digital Marketing Salt £60000 - £86000 per annum + £5K C/A, Manchester
- Display Account Manager - Media Agency - London Norton Leigh up to 28k plus excellent benefits, Central London