Daily Telegraph editor Tony Gallagher out amid digital restructure
The Daily Telegraph editor Tony Gallagher is leaving as the company restructures its senior editorial management to get ready for the "next phase of digital transformation".
Chris Evans, assistant editor for news, has been appointed acting print editor of the Monday to Friday editions of The Daily Telegraph, while Ian MacGregor, the editor of The Sunday Telegraph, becomes acting weekend print editor of the Saturday and Sunday editions.
Both will report directly to Jason Seiken, chief content officer and editor-in-chief. Murdoch MacLennan, the chief executive of Telegraph Media Group, said: "To protect the company’s future we need rapidly to embrace and adapt to the new digital world in which our customers live."
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London