Daily Telegraph editor Tony Gallagher out amid digital restructure
The Daily Telegraph editor Tony Gallagher is leaving as the company restructures its senior editorial management to get ready for the "next phase of digital transformation".
Chris Evans, assistant editor for news, has been appointed acting print editor of the Monday to Friday editions of The Daily Telegraph, while Ian MacGregor, the editor of The Sunday Telegraph, becomes acting weekend print editor of the Saturday and Sunday editions.
Both will report directly to Jason Seiken, chief content officer and editor-in-chief. Murdoch MacLennan, the chief executive of Telegraph Media Group, said: "To protect the company’s future we need rapidly to embrace and adapt to the new digital world in which our customers live."
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1