Wilkinson appoints TBWA and MGOMD after contested pitch
Wilkinson, the household goods chain, has appointed TBWA\Manchester to create its 2014 ad campaign and Manning Gottlieb OMD to handle its media planning and buying.
Wilkinson: appoints TBWA and OMD to handle its media business
TBWA\Manchester and MGOMD were appointed after a contested pitch run by AAR. The pitch was held ahead of Wilkinson launching its 2014 advertising campaign. The retailer would not comment on how much it spends on media.
A spokesman for Wilkinson said: "We run advertising campaigns every year and they are an integral part of our ongoing marketing effort.
"After considering a number of agencies this year, we were excited by the creative ideas of TBWA and their clear empathy with our business. We look forward very much to working with them in the year ahead."
Wilkinson used True Story (which rebranded from Jupiter Designs last year) for its 2013 advertising campaign, and the agency will continue to handle the shop’s additional marketing. Carat Manchester was the incumbent media agency.
Wilkinson has 370 shops across the UK, with 23,000 employees, and sales of £1.5 billion.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)