Top ten ads of the week: Comparethemarket.com baby meerkat secures top spot
Counting down the ten most recalled ads, in association with TNS and Ebiquity.
In the battle of the price comparison websites, Comparethemarket.com's TV ad featuring a new baby meerkat was by far the most-recalled ad of the week, with a highly impressive recall rate of 72%.
It defeated rival Gocompare.com into second place, with Confused.com in sixth spot. Elsewhere, Thomas Cook's latest ad starring actor James Nesbitt was the third most-recalled campaign, while Oxfam also snuck into the top 10.
Agency/TV Buyer: VCCP/ZenithOptimedia
Agency/TV Buyer: Fold7/Carat
Brand: Thomas Cook
Agency/TV Buyer: Publicis London/Carat
Brand: Dyson Ball
Agency/TV Buyer: in-house/Mindshare
Agency/TV Buyer: Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO/ZenithOptimedia
Agency/TV Buyer: Publicis/PHD
Agency/TV Buyer: Martin Tait Redheads/Martin Tait Redheads
Agency/TV Buyer: Krow/MediaCom
Brand: Now TV
Agency/TV Buyer: WCRS/MediaCom
Agency/TV Buyer: RKCR/Y&R/ZenithOptimedia
Adwatch research was conducted from 16 - 20 January 2014 by TNS as part of its twice-weekly OnLineBus omnibus among 1000 adults aged 16-64. For details of the survey, contact Anita.Emery@tnsglobal.com (020 7656 5900). Ads were compiled by Ebiquity (020 7650 9700) and Mediaedge:cia UK (020 7803 2000).
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Digital Account Manager - Brand Accounts!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London