Total Media wins Lenovo EMEA business
Lenovo, the Chinese electronics company, has awarded Total Media its EMEA media account after a final two-way pitch.
Lenovo: the pursuit by Saatchi & Saatchi New York
The agency has won the account, for which the key markets are Germany, France, Italy, Spain, the Netherlands and Scandinavia. The account also includes some Eastern European markets.
Total Media pitched for the Lenovo account against Maxus, which was the incumbent in the UK and Germany, and teamed up with Neo@Ogilvy to defend the business in those areas.
The review does not affect Saatchi & Saatchi, which picked up Levono's global ad account in 2011 when it was estimated to be worth £60 million.
Lenovo is primarily known for its computers and also makes products including tablets, smartphones and IT management software. It spent £2.2 million on media in the UK alone in the year to September 2012, according to Nielsen.
Lenovo did not respond to requests for comment on the news.
The appointment follows the news that Total Media has been hired to the European media planning and buying business for another tech company, Epson, which is best known for its printers.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Client Facing Project Manager Twist Recruitment £24000 - £27000 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Midweight- senior Digital Project Manager Twist Recruitment £35000 - £55000 per annum + bonus, City of London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k (freelance & perm) Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- Digital Performance Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Social Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Account Director - Leading Communications Agency Digital Gurus £43000 - £50000 Per Annum Up to £50K + Bens, London